– Mortar and Pestle –
- Two sides allow for separating the flavors, easy cleaning and excellent mortar stability.
- Use shallow side for smaller quantities and ingredients like peppercorns and spices.
- Use the deeper side for making dishes and marinades and grinding large ingredients such as herbs and coffee beans.
- Flip the pestle for more efficient grinding and mashing.
– Silicone lid/mat –
- Use as a placemat while utilizing the mortar to protect your countertop.
- Use as a lid once cooked to preserve the freshness of your dish.
– Wooden spoon –
- Use for stirring, mixing and sampling your dish.
- Will not interfere with natural food flavors or oxidize them