- 1 whole chicken, 1½ kg
- White wine, as required
- Root vegetables:
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ a small red kuri squash
- ¼ celeriac
- 2 baking potatoes
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
Method In the kitchen:
1. Rinse and dry the chicken and rub with salt and pepper.
2. Peel the red onion and cut in half. Slice each half. Peel the garlic and chop it. Peel the squash, celeriac and potatoes and dice coarsely. Turn them in oil, salt and pepper. Rinse the rosemary leaves, chop coarsely and mix into the root vegetables.
3. Place the root vegetables in the base of the Cast iron Chicken roaster and pour white wine into the cup. Place the chicken over the cup, so it rests on the vegetables. Remember to put the cap in the neck of the chicken, so the steam from the white wine stays inside the chicken.
On the barbecue:
1. Get the grill ready for in-direct heat – approx. 180°C.
2.Place the poultry roaster on the centre of the cooking grate, put the lid on and barbecue for about 1 hour. Check the chicken core temperature – it must be 75°C before the chicken is cooked through.
3.Let the chicken stand for 15 minutes before carving and serving with the root vegetables.
It’s a fatanstic choice as a gift for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Author: Emma Lv
Whatsapp/wechat: +86 15833979217